From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: No RTC kernel support needed?
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 21:13:18
1 On Monday 02 Feb 2009, Grant wrote:
2 > >> >> One of my systems needed Real Time Clock -> PC-style 'CMOS' enabled
3 > >> >> in the kernel to prevent a Hardware Clock error at startup and to
4 > >> >> make the 'hwclock' command work. Another of my systems doesn't have
5 > >> >> Real Time Clock kernel support enabled at all, and yet 'hwclock'
6 > >> >> works fine. Does anyone know how that works?
7 > >> >
8 > >> > It might have something to do with the "High Resolution Timer Support"
9 > >> > option (in "Processor type and features".) Not sure though.
10 > >>
11 > >> Thank you but none of my systems seem to have that enabled.
12 > >>
13 > >> - Grant
14 > >
15 > > See http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-731009-highlight-.html
16 > > HTH
17 >
18 > Thanks, does anyone know where this has gone in 2.6.28:
19 >
20 > Device Drivers -> Character Devices -> Enhanced Real Time Clock Support
21 >
22 > Or what the variable name might be so I can look it up that way? I
23 > couldn't find it by searching for RTC in .config.
24 >
25 > - Grant
26
27 $ grep RTC .config
28 CONFIG_HPET_EMULATE_RTC=y
29 CONFIG_RTC=m
30 CONFIG_GEN_RTC=m
31 CONFIG_GEN_RTC_X=y
32
33 Found under Device Drivers -> Character Devices
34
35 -Robin
36 --