From: Edward M <edwardlotus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox not killing processes on close
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 18:28:31
1 On 11/10/2013 1:38 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > When it does not kill correctly and I try to restart that
3 > session, I get the error that the session is already running.
4
5 Hello,:-)
6 /
7 /The following article explains how to deal with "Firefox is already
8 running" message.hope it helps out
9
10 "Run *strace -o ~/ff.strace firefox* and then investigated the
11 strace file. My hunch was that one or other file lock
12 wasn't being relinquished properly, perhaps from an earlier
13 crashed firefox process. I grepped through the log, looking for file
14 opens, and eventually found this:/
15 open("/home/matthew/.mozilla/firefox/2z7l4uii.default/.parentlock",
16 O_WRONLY|O/CREAT|O/TRUNC, 0666) = 4/
17 Bingo! I checked; and even with no firefox process running,
18 this file existed. It was an empty lock file, so I deleted it. That did
19 the trick --- now FireFox runs again!
20
21 So in summary; if you have this problem, check your .mozilla
22 file (or the Windows equivalent) for any 'lock' files --- quit any mozilla
23 applications, then delete the lock files and try again. That
24 should fix the problem!"
27 http://xania.org/200604/firefox-woesfirefox-is-already-running-when-it%27s-not
28
29 //