From: jarry@×××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [gentoo-amd64] Help! New install and New User to linux - Gentoo!
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:26:02
1 "Christopher E" <sensory.access@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > the motherboard is a Asus K8V Delux SE
4
5 I had a similar problem with Asus A8V, sata disk not recognised.
6 Later I found out that southbridge (VT8251) was not supported...
7
8 On your mobo there is VIA VT8237 southbridge, check if this is
9 supported by kernel (kernel-sources). If not, you have to patch
10 kernel first to get your sata-drive recognised...
11
12 Anyway, for installation I had to use p-ata disk (this was
13 detected by livecd-kernel), install linux on it, patch kernel,
14 then sata-disk was recognised, and finally install on sata disk...
15
16 BTW, try to switch your sata to ahci. Sometimes helps.
17 But in my case it was definitely not supported southbridge...
18
19 Jarry
22 Analog-/ISDN-Nutzer sparen mit GMX SmartSurfer bis zu 70%!
23 Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list