From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happened to my world?
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:13:53
1 Hi,
2 what happens with the command
3
4 emerge --deep --update --newuse world
5
6 and what's in your world file? (/var/lib/portage/world)
7
8 Cheers,
9 Mark
10
11 On 7/17/05, Jeff Cranmer <jcranmer01@×××××××××.net> wrote:
12 > Hi,
13 >
14 > I run a dual-boot linux system. One is kernel 2.4 (in order to use
15 > Win4Lin 4) and the other is kernel 2.6
16 >
17 > I have an emerge problem with my 2.4 kernel. After emerge sync, when I
18 > perform an emerge -up world, I do not see any packages requiring update.
19 > When I start checking individual packages, however, I find a lot of
20 > out-of-date software.
21 >
22 > Can anyone offer a suggestion as to why my 'world' portage group appears
23 > to be empty?
24 >
25 > The 2.6 install still works correctly and is up to date.
26 >
27 > Thanks
28 >
29 > Jeff