From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] crontab not executing
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:13:08
1 Am 20.06.2011 10:21, schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2 > On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:30:12 +1000, Adam Carter wrote:
3 >
4 >>> I might be wrong but as I understand it, cron executes your commands
5 >>> in /bin/sh, not /bin/bash.
6 >>
7 >> /bin/sh is a symlink to bash.
8 >
9 > Which runs as sh when run from the symlink.
13 Interestingly, the new style of command substitution has been added to
14 the POSIX standard.
15 http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/
16
17 I always thought bash was just lazy when it accepted that syntax in sh
18 mode and therefore could fail if you use dash as a sh replacement or
19 something alike. Well, lifelong learning ...
20
21 Regards,
22 Florian Philipp