From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] printing - via windows PC
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 03:02:03
1 Sorry I have no instant answer except the following comments:
2
3 1. I'm betting linux will make a better print server than windows
4
5 2. racking up the logging level in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf should give you
6 some more clues to google on.
7
8 LogLevel info
9
10 is the standard, you have the following options:
11
12 # LogLevel: controls the number of messages logged to the ErrorLog
13 # file and can be one of the following:
14 #
15 # debug2 Log everything.
16 # debug Log almost everything.
17 # info Log all requests and state changes.
18 # warn Log errors and warnings.
19 # error Log only errors.
20 # none Log nothing.
21
22 I suggest you try debug first, and restart cupsd after you change the
23 setting.
24
25 Once you have the problem sussed, switch it back to "info" as debug[2]
26 creates a whole swag of info :)
30 On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:36:42 +0000