From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux Kernel Warning
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:41:38
1 Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
2 > As of this morning, the latest Kernel version in portage is 2.6.16-r12.
3 > It seems that there is a different versioning / naming scheme used but
4 > im not sure. Can someone please let me know how to respond, or point me
5 > to appropriate reading so I can protect myself.
6
7 2.6.16-r12 is protected from this bug. From the ChangeLog:
8
9 *gentoo-sources-2.6.16-r12 (06 Jul 2006)
10
11 06 Jul 2006; Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
12 +gentoo-sources-2.6.16-r12.ebuild:
13 Update to Linux 2.6.16.24 for coredump privilege escalation security fix
14
15 However, there is a new security bug in the wild, with similar
16 implications. Keep an eye open for new kernel releases over the next few
17 hours.
18
19 Daniel
20 --