From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub1: Cant ? Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:52:14
1 On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 7:06 PM, Michel Catudal <mcatudal@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > The language toward us is not much nicer. There is some arrogance from the
4 > other side of the issue.
5 > We've been fighting this for years. It is a lie to say that it cannot
6 > install on a partition. What makes it not install is the installer that
7 > refuses to install it.
8 > One one install I was able to do this (with Fedora) by passing an argument
9 > to force it to install on the partition.
10 >
11 > As another gentoo user says so well, it is them wanting to be the only
12 > bootloader, so Microsoft.
13 >
14 > We want to be free from Microsoft, not just replace a dictator with another
15 > one.
16 >
17 > You may love it but there are many of us who hate it with a passion.
18 >
19 > The bottom line is that we have to use grub 1 or lilo until grub 2 is fixed
20 > or forked by someone who is interested to fix it.
21
22 Whether it's a lie or not, the fact is that it isn't something that
23 the grub developers want to deal with.
24
25 The ext4 developer called the grub2 developers paranoid and
26 emotionally insecure a few years ago when this was brought to him but
27 no one can force them to re-add to grub2 what they consider a
28 misfeature of grub1.