From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: james <garftd@×××××××.net>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a cell?
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 22:11:05
1 On 2020-02-24 23:00, james wrote:
2 > On 2/24/20 4:33 PM, n952162 wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On 2020-02-24 22:18, james wrote:
5 >>> On 2/24/20 3:55 PM, n952162 wrote:
6 >>>> what do you see 5G providing that 4G couldn't deliver?
7 >>>>
8 >>>> On 2020-02-21 00:38, james wrote:
9 >>>>> 5G CAN change everything! Gentoo should blaze the open source pathway
10 >>>>> of contributions and WE all should dream, build and get control of
11 >>>>> our
12 >>>>> country back!
13 >>>>>
14 >>>>>
15 >>>>> 5G may be our last chance before Satan rules via consolidating all
16 >>>>> the
17 >>>>> large governments! 5G is our last chance, imho, for citizens to get
18 >>>>> control of their respective countries back. Stand or die, as the
19 >>>>> plagues of the last days, are just around the corner. Gentoo saves
20 >>>>> the
21 >>>>> world? Sound like a good movie for someone to make.....
22 >>>>
23 >>>
24 >>> That is simple and complex.
25 >>> simple� more bandwidth, lower latencies in the silicon,
26 >>> and many advances that are hard to leverage with 4G limitations.
27 >>>
28 >>
29 >> Can you list some examples of these advances, beyond throughput and
30 >> latency improvements?
31 >
32 > Can, yes. Going to, nope. Things are still 'fluid' even in the
33 > standard and rules governing 5G. Right now, ALL are encouraged to
34 > experiment and party. The major carriers are moving to drastically
35 > limit entrepreneurship in all things 5G.  Just look at the myriad of
36 > failures with Verizon. They are the poster-child of way carriers are
37 > the last folks on the earth that need to be 'architecting' the furture
38 > of 5G.
39 >
40 > Not to mention they will sell out any country, in a heartbeat.
43 5G is from the 3gpp organization, which is basically a European
44 organization.  Who cares about Verizon?  CDMA - America's attempt to
45 answer 3gpp -  was a bust.  If by /drastically/ "limit
46 entrepreneurship", you mean to open access to the network (as opposed to
47 using it as a (rented) utensil), then I can only wonder who you are.