From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wicd and net-tools
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 12:29:44
1 On Sunday 27 November 2011 02.02:54 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
3 > > In the last day or two wicd broke badly due to a net-tools upgrade.
4 > >
5 > > The recommended workarounds are to specify USE=old-output
6 > > for net-tools or to downgrade net-tools one version (I am ~amd64).
7 > >
8 > > Neither of these have helped me. Wicd cannot start either the
9 > > wired or wireless interface.
10 >
11 > I have no solution, but just a "me too" that wicd-based networking
12 > stopped working entirely after I emerged some updates a couple days
13 > ago. My short-term "solution" was just stop wicd and use the old-style
14 > net init script instead since I haven't had time to research any this
15 > weekend yet.
16
17 I had the same issue after upgrading net-tools, wicd stoped working.
18 While googling for a solution I found a workaround: Use the "ioctl" backend
19 instead of the "external" backend.
20 For me this workaround works.
23 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
25 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!