From: Marian Habrun <marian.habrun@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can i use GRUB to boot my windows?
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 08:41:43
1 Hello,
2
3 grub --version
4 grub (GNU GRUB 0.97)
5
6 You can make this entry in /boot/grub/grub.conf (menu.lst symlinks to this file):
7
8 title Windows 7
9 rootnoverify (hd0,0)
10 chainloader +1
11
12 Have a nice day.
13
14 ~ Hello , everyone , just now , i have installed gentoo from ubuntu 11.10
15 ~ , And when i install the grub with the command : grub-install --no-floppy
16 ~ /dev/sda . And when i reboot , i aware that i have
17 ~
18 ~ override my MBR. And Now how can i edit my grub in the gentoo to boot my
19 ~ windows 7 on /dev/sda1 ?
20 ~
21 ~ For my windows boot manager has been override , should i use a windows
22 ~ live CD , and go to DOS to execute the command : " fdisk /mbr " , after
23 ~ that ,add the ubuntu and gentoo to the windows
24 ~
25 ~ boot manager ?
26 ~
27 ~ Can i boot the windows 7 from GRUB dircetly?
28 ~
29 ~ PS: my grub version in gentoo is : GNU GRUB 0.97
30 ~ --
31 ~ 好好学习,天天向上!!!
32 ~