From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is perl broken? [SOLVED]
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 08:52:33
1 On Sunday 05 April 2015 10:50:53 I wrote:
2
3 > Today's routine update included dev-lang/perl-5.20.2 and two perl
4 > virtuals. Since emerging those portage has stopped working: perl-cleaner
5 > gives it a list of 71 packages to emerge but portage does nothing with
6 > them - it just exits silently. Then perl-cleaner lists some hundreds of
7 > files that it can't do anything with.
8 >
9 > What's going on here?
10 >
11 > I've restored from last week's backup and added the offending perl
12 > packages to package.mask, but is that the right thing to do?
13
14 For the record, my problem has now been fixed, together with some others I
15 hadn't reported here. It was a combination of bad CFLAGS (and CXXFLAGS) and
16 too ambitious MAKEOPTS.
17
18 Specifically, I recommend that any advice to set -march=corei7 on an i5
19 system should be firmly resisted.
20
21 Thanks to those who took an interest and offered help.
24 Rgds
25 Peter