From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Stupid Question about su That I Should Already Know The Answer To But Don't
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 13:47:11
1 Michael Sullivan wrote:
2
3 >Since my reinstall last week, when I su - to root from the michael
4 >account, root can't use GUI apps. It used to be able to before the
5 >install, and as far as I know, I didn't do anything special to enable
6 >it. How would I go about doing that?
11 I'm not real sure I got what you are saying but check these two things.
12 You are n the wheel group and KDE doesn't like you to login as root so
13 it is disabled. I think you can change it in login manager.
14
15 Hope one of those helps.
16
17 Dale