From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] This is driving me crazy - firefox3 jumping windows
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 00:14:57
1 This is driving me crazy - firefox3 jumping windows whenever I click on
2 a URL in evolution.
3
4 >From some emails I found on the gnome lists, it appears to be a design
5 change in metacity that was reverted due to (firefox3) user outcry
6
7 However, I have two systems with the same gnome/metacity/firefox
8 versions that behave differently - both old installs (~1999 and 2002)
9 but otherwise up to date. Ive rebuilt metacity a couple of times and
10 firefox has been through a few upgrades - rebooted but no change :( One
11 jumps, one doesnt which implies it may be a config option somewhere.
12
13 Its possible it can be fixed by deleting the .gnome stuff, but I dont
14 want to do this unless I have to ...
15
16 BillK
20 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>