From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't kill Firefox!
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:04:17
1 On Friday 22 July 2011 13:54:09 Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2 > Am 21.07.2011 20:38, schrieb Mick:
3 > > Whatever Dale had on his machine must have infected mine! LOL!
4 > >
5 > > A 32bit x86 box with KDE4.6, running firefox-3.6.17 and
6 > > xulrunner-1.9.2.17 after a few hours and loads of tabs (sometimes up to
7 > > 15 or so) eventually hangs X.
8 >
9 > I had the same problem with firefox and KDE4.6, X just froze and I could
10 > not kill firefox. This happend sometimes twice a day.
11 > I had to kill everything with altgr+print+e, nothing else worked.
12 >
13 > After my change to XFCE4 the problem has never occured again for now 2
14 > month. Maybe the people at KDE should use time to fix bugs and make it
15 > stable before putting more and more eyecandy and stuff in it.
16
17 maybe it is not KDE's fault when firefox is badly coded?
18
19 Using KDE4 with konqueror+chromium for days and weeks of uptime without
20 problems.
24 #163933