From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OpenOffice / localisation
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:23:36
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I've got a couple of questions regarding localisation.
4
5 1. OO and English
6 If I set OO to either British or South African English the spellchecker still
7 accepts American spelling which is wrong in Namibia. Anybody in the know how
8 to make it stick to British spelling?
9
10 2. OO and currency
11 The Namibian Dollar (either NAD or N$) is missing from the list of currencies.
12 Is it possible to add a new one to OO?
13
14 3. KDE and aspell
15 I emerged aspell-af, aspell-de, aspell-en and aspell-pt. KDE's control centre
16 shows a whole plethora of languages, some of them looking like "English
17 (United Kingdom - ise-w_accents-only)". I bet No user has got an idea what
18 that means. In kmail on the other hand, most languages are shown as
19 "Unknown". I would like to nail that down to:
20 British English
21 American English
22 German German (no Swiss or Austrian German)
23 Portuguese Portuguese
24 Brazilian Portuguese
25 Afrikaans
26 with British English the default. Do I simply delete the other stuff
27 under /usr/lib/aspell-0.60? Exactly what can I safely delete?
28
29 There is more but this should be enough for today. ;-)
30
31 Uwe
34 95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
35 developers. - Linus Torvalds
36
37 http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)
38 --