From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage wants to re-emerge old kernel sources
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 01:03:18
1 On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 00:51:20 +0100, Marc Joliet wrote:
2
3 > > How can I see which versions of hardened-sources portage thinks are
4 > > currently installed? I guess I should manually unmerge old sources as
5 > > above instead of using rm -rf.
6 > >
7 > > - Grant
8 >
9 > Yes, you can:
10 >
11 > $ equery list --duplicates [<searchstring>]
12
13 It's also faster to rm -fr the directories before unmerging. You'd have
14 to do it afterwards anyway, to remove the files that portage did not
15 install (unless you run make mrproper) but doing it first speeds things
16 up a lot as it avoids portage deleting each file individually.
17
18
19 --
20 Neil Bothwick