From: Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales <raphael.melo21@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc seg faults very often
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:08:35
1 After running memtest, several errors have occurred. Does that mean I
2 have to buy new memory?
3
4 2005/8/22, Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>:
5 > On Monday 22 August 2005 21:29, Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales wrote:
6 > > Hi Richard,
7 > >
8 > > First of all, thanks for replying. I'll test the swap partition
9 > > with the command you sent. But how do I test the memory? Is there any
10 > > way to do it? I think I configured CMOS to do a memory check during
11 > > start up.
14 > please install memtest86 or memtest86+ and let it run for some others.
15 >
16 > gcc segfaults are a very good sign of memory problems - and please the
17 > bios-'check' is not a 'check' - never was!
18 >
19 > The bios counts the available memory - this is not a check but accounting.
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list