From: Phillip Stewart <gentoo1@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My laptop is freaking me out.
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 00:09:48
1 On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 05:23, Ian K wrote:
2 > About monitoring the temperature, can an A70 do that? How would
3 > I set that up? GKrellm gives me the standard info, but I dont know
4 > how to get temperature monitoring info showing.
5
6 Hmm. AFAIK, a Pentium 4 processor should have that capability.
7
8 My gkrellm2 has a checkbox to display the temperature under
9 Configuration > Builtins > Sensors > Setup > Temperatures.
10
11 Otherwise, you can manually get a reading by doing:
12 # cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM/temperature
13
14 If that doesn't work, you might need to check that ACPI is enabled in
15 your kernel (particularly the "Thermal zone" option). This link might
16 help:
17
18 http://www.computx.us/gentoo-A70.html
19