From: Paul Ezvan <paul@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xinerama USE-flag needed for KDE 4.1 and xrandr?
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:22:09
1 Le mardi 21 octobre 2008 19:12:31 Fabian Köster, vous avez écrit :
2 > Hi everybody,
3 >
4 > I would like to setup a dual-head desktop using X.org 7.4 and KDE 4.1.2.
5 >
6 > I successfully achieved to configure my dual-head setup using xrandr.
7 >
8 > Basically it looks like this:
9 >
10 > xrandr --output VGA-0 --auto --left-of LVDS
11 >
12 > The VGA-0 screen's resolution is 1680x1050, the notebook-display is
13 > 1400x1050.
14 >
15 > As said before this works fine but KDE 4.1.2 treats the two screens as one
16 > single screen so the panel is centered in the middle of the overall-desktop
17 > and windows maximize over both screens. (See screenshot
18 > http://koesterreich.de/gentoo/screenshots/big-desktop.png)
19 >
20 > The desired behavior is that the panel is just on one screen (optionally
21 > more panels on the second) and the windows only maximize on the screen they
22 > are currently located.
23 >
24 > Do I have to compile KDE (and maybe other packages) using the 'xinerama'
25 > USE- flag? In that case I would say this is confusing because I think that
26 > xinerama is deprecated and I would suggest to rename it to something like
27 > "multi-head".
28 >
29 > If it is of interest: I have a ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 and addressed by
30 > the 'radeon' driver.
31 >
32 > Regards,
33 > Fabian
34
35 Yes you have to use the xinerama use flag.
36
37 Regards,
38
39 Paul Ezvan