From: john <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LXD
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 07:40:52
1 On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 02:35:16 -0400
2 Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 3:28 AM, john <jdm@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > I have set up some containers with LXD which have been running fine
7 > > up to about a week ago.
8 > >
9 > > cgmanager no longer works as it crashes out and when I connect to
10 > > containers:-
11 > >
12 > > systemctl
13 > > Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory
14 > >
15 > > which also causes network to fail.
16 > >
17 > > My belief is that lxd now relies on systemd to do the cgmanager
18 > > part. I don't want to install systemd as this is a Gentoo box.
19 > >
20 > > Can anyone see a way round this or a config option which may help.
21 >
22 > cgmanager was an Ubuntu project and it was abandoned when Ubuntu chose
23 > to migrate to systemd [1]. The README on [2] says "Please note that
24 > the CGManager project has been deprecated in favor of using the
25 > kernel's CGroup Namespace or lxcfs' simulated cgroupfs." I don't know
26 > what the "in favor of" means or how to take advantage of those two
27 > options, but maybe there's a solution in there.
28 >
29 > [1] https://s3hh.wordpress.com/2016/06/18/whither-cgmanager/
30 >
31 > [2] https://github.com/lxc/cgmanager
34 Thanks Tom,
35 I have got my containers up and running again. Before when I was using
36 lxd it was assigning an ip address to the container so I could connect
37 to outside world. After recent changes this stopped and i believe it was
38 down to systemd not running in the container (it was before). I now
39 realised that you could assign a static ip address using lxc exec
40 command.
41
42 John