From: allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trouble using package.provided
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 20:36:53
1 On Wed, Feb 14 2018, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 13:28:28 -0500, allan gottlieb wrote:
4 >
5 >> Rather than facing that msg every emerge and possibly learning too well
6 >> to ignore warnings, I adopted the third remedy and removed the
7 >> package.provided files.
8 >>
9 >> I will temporarily use a two step emerge --update ... @world
10 >>
11 >> 1. emerge --update --pretend ... @world
12 >> 2. emerge -1 ... files suggested by 1 minus the bad chromium and
13 >> webkit-gtk
14 >
15 > You could try adding "exclude chromium --exclude webkit-gtk" to
16 > EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS.
17
18 I tried that a while ago. The problem is that then portage believe
19 those packages aren't on my stable system and says that I must merge an
20 unstable package.
21
22 Specifically excluding the buggy (old) version of webkit-gtk, portage
23 wants me to merge a newish (testing) version of gnucash that uses a
24 solid new version of webkit-gtk. I have the new version of webkit-gtk,
25 but really want to delay installing the testing gnucash.
26
27 allan