From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help to upgrade perl? [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 20:59:38
1 On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 22:24:35 +0200
2 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > emerge -avuND world
5
6 /me slaps forehead.
7
8 Of course. :(
11 > Why 5.16.1? that is the lowest version that is ~arch; your next sync
12 > and update is going to want to upgrade it anyway.
13
14 Ah, well, I'm not running ~arch anywhere and so not sure why my public
15 server got 5.16.1 to begin. So, I'm just updating the development
16 machine to match.
19 > Lots of things have been moving around in perl land, modules moving
20 > into core etc etc. A proper world update takes care of all the
21 > necessary blockers.
22
23 Yes. Perl surely is a PITA for the distro to maintain.
26 > Or, seeing as you are going to remerge everything perl related anyway,
27 > you might as well just undelete everything perl-related (keeping an
28 > accurate list), and then merge the whole lot back
29
30 This kind of on-the-side bookkeeping is exactly what I'm trying to
31 avoid. But I do get your point. ;-)
32
33 Looks like I'm good to go, as perl is updating and perl-cleaner --all
34 after the fact should be fine, I'm guessing. And if not, I know what
35 I'm in for, mostly.
36
37 Thanks!
38