From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean won't work anymore.
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:21:49
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 04:31:18 -0600, Dale wrote:
5 >>> I think there is a more elegant solution by using EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS
6 >>> in make.conf.
7 >>>
8 >>> grep EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS /etc/make.conf
9 >>> EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y --nospinner"
10 >>>
13 >> I have the same old make.conf I had from my original install about 5
14 >> years ago. I used to have a make.conf.example but it seems to have been
15 >> moved to /usr/share/portage/config which is odd. I put a link to /etc
16 >> so I don't feel so lost. Anyway, I wonder what affect that would have
17 >> on say a emerge -C <package-name>? Would there be any other gotchas
18 >> when adding that would not be a good idea? Would portage just ignore it
19 >> during certain commands? As far as updates, I would like it to add that
20 >> but not sure what other affects that may have.
23 > I've had --with-bdeps y in make.conf for ages with no problems. Portage
24 > happily ignores options that do not apply to the current operation.
29 Cool. I have not had the time to even test this out. My radiator on my
30 car had a blow out so I been working on that. Couldn't fix the old one
31 so I had to buy a new one. Stupid plastic crap!
32
33 Gone to add that to make.conf.
34
35 Thanks for sharing.