From: Igor Nemilentsev <trezorg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DontZap and Ctrl+Alt+Bs
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:08:41
1 > > I don't know but do fedora's developers have an very serious
2 > > influence on Xorg development ?
3 >
4 > According to man xorg.conf, DontVTSwitch and DontZap both default to off.
5 > I can see the use for such options, when you don't want your users
6 > exiting X or even specific programs, but the default seems sensible. Is
7 > it just Fedora that change the defaults?
8 Yes, this options is default "off". And this means that
9 Zap and VTSwitch is allowed.( no dontzap)
10 If option "DontZap" is "off" that means
11 that Ctrl-Alt-Bs should work.
12 Nonetheless the option DontVTSwitch acts as expected
13 but DontZap doesn't.
14 As I think it is embedded into source or into
15 default compilation options that we are forced ( if need) to
16 apply some things which wasn't required before.
17 As least if xorg is compiled with hal.
18 By the way Ubuntu and Fedora have the package named dontzap.
19 Why:)
22 Regards, Nemilentsev Igor
23 Email:trezorg@×××××.com