From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Flash stopped working after Firefox 3.6.3->3.6.4 update.
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 03:21:29
1 On 2010-07-03, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > This bug refers to clicking in the flash controls and not getting a
4 > response (as a workaround I click outside of the embedded video flash
5 > area first and then click onto it to move the video cursor, expand it
6 > full screen, etc.) The fix they suggest does not work with the
7 > problem I am trying to solve with Opera-10.60 though.
8 >
9 > I'm not Steve Jobs friend as such, but can't wait another minute for
10 > html 5 to do away with the stupid adobe flash creation.
11
12 While Flash has it technical faults, the main problem with flash is
13 it's user-base. It seems to be used primarily in two situations:
14
15 1) When you're trying to hide the fact that the site content
16 completely sucks.
17
18 2) When you're too incompetent to do a good interface design.
19
20 Perhaps if Flash weren't around, it's user-base would find some other
21 equivalent way to blight their audince, but Flash is just so _good_ at
22 it.
25 Grant