From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cmake-2.8.1 build problems
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 16:53:36
1 On 7/8/10, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I was trying to slog through all the libpng problems on one of my
4 > machines last night but ran into a different issue late in the evening
5 > where cmake wouldn't build. I haven't been reading this list all that
6 > carefully and didn't find anything obvious with a quick Google search.
7 > (Other than some stuff in bugzilla which may or may not relate.)
8 >
9 > Have there been any threads lately where this might have come up?
10
11 At least one cmake related issue has been handled so that I remember
12 it, but it was related to installing new systems.
13
14 Without any logs this is just shooting while blindfolded, but if you
15 have qt4 USE flag enabled then try this:
16
17 USE="-qt4" emerge -1 cmake
18
19 Then continue with whatever libpng fixes and advice you are following.
20
21 It's very likely that your qt libs (or some other media libs, on which
22 qt libs depend on) are now broken due to libpng upgrade -- and thus,
23 linking new cmake binaries to qt libs fails due to the breakage ... On
24 new systems it's a bit different. IIRC it resulted in circular
25 dependencies, which had to be broken down the same way.
28 Arttu V. -- Running Gentoo is like running with scissors