From: Thomas Tuttle <gentoo@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trouble Getting Wireless Networking Configured -- SOLVED
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 14:16:59
1 On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 06:08:17 -0700, "Drew Tomlinson"
2 <drew@××××××××××××××.net> said:
3 > For the archives... Ditching wpa_supplicant in favor of iwconfig
4 > (wireless tools port) solved my problems. Only downside is that I am
5 > unable to use WPA-PSK authentication. Maybe a future version of
6 > wpa_supplicant will work?
7
8 Unlikely. ;-)
9
10 I've used it a couple times and it always strikes me as much less stable
11 than wireless-tools, even when authenticating to non-WEP networks. It
12 would routinely fail to associate, even when wireless-tools worked
13 effortlessly. I'd love to run WPA, just because it's better, but I'm
14 unwilling to put up with wpa_supplicant.
15
16 My two cents,
17
18 Thomas Tuttle