From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Frequently seeing "error processing environment"
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 23:36:43
1 Joel Thibault (Gentoo) wrote:
2
3 > ...
4 > It is difficult to reproduce, as I can typically try that package
5 > again or emerge --resume (without --skipfirst) and everything goes
6 > fine, until the problem hits a different package...
7
8 That kind of random error is almost always caused by flakey hardware,
9 often caused by overheating.
10
11 I live in a hot and dusty place, so every summer I start to get this
12 sort of error. Usually I can fix the problem by blowing the dust
13 off of the memory and motherboard with canned compressed air, so
14 the hardware runs much cooler.