From: Nilesh Govindrajan <contact@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I bring back Konqueror as my man page viewer?
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 05:56:16
1 On Sat 18 Aug 2012 06:21:55 AM IST, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > In KDE, I'm very used to simply type "man:foo" and have the man page
3 > of "foo" pop up immediately in Konqueror without having to open a
4 > terminal or anything.
5 >
6 > However, since I installed Chromium and making it my default browser,
7 > now "man:" brings up Chromium instead. That doesn't work; instead of
8 > displaying the man page, it downloads the *.bz2 from the local file
9 > system :-/
10 >
11 > How can I set Konqueror to be the program that handles KDE's "man:"
12 > command?
16 Umm, my default browser is Firefox, but when I open Konqueror and type
17 man:ls I get to see the man page.
18 But if I launch using Alt+F2, it opens Firefox.
19
20 I think this needs some xdg tweaking, using xdg-mime. I don't know the
21 type of URL for man:, else could have posted the command.
24 Nilesh Govindrajan
25 http://nileshgr.com