From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] merging or fitting images together
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 21:45:39
1 Philip Webb writes:
2
3 > I have a lot of images scanned from old negatives of non-standard sizes,
4 > which I had to split up into halves or quarters to process;
5 > I was careful to use the same settings for each of the sub-parts.
6 > Now I want to reassemble them into the original whole pictures.
7 >
8 > There are several apps which might do this.
9 > Jonathan Corbet describes using Hugin (LWN 090910);
10 > there's also Krita & Gimp & perhaps Imagemagick.
11 > I have Imagemagick installed, but the others need a number of deps.
12 >
13 > Before I go to a lot of trouble emerging + exploring on my own,
14 > has anyone else done this kind of job successfully & what did they use ?
15
16 I'd use ImageMagick's montage command. You have to find out how exactly
17 to do this, but once you know this, you can automate this and process
18 them all at once in a loop. If you're not so much into shell scripting,
19 ask again here.
20
21 Sorry, I cannot give you an example right now, but see
22 http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/ and expecially
23 http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/montage/ , the latter should have the
24 information.
25