From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New install boots but grub just says: grub>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 09:47:18
1 On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 2:01 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 8 May 2008 21:17:47 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> What would cause grub to sit there and wait for me to type in the
5 >> stuff that's in grub.conf anyway?
6 >
7 > You probably have an error in grub.conf/menu.lst, or you have both and
8 > GRUB is looking at the one you don't want it to (I think menu.lst takes
9 > priority). GRUB isn't particularly friendly when things go wrong, I've
10 > had it ignore a menu.lst it didn't like.
13 > --
14 > Neil Bothwick
15
16 Dirk & Neil,
17 Thanks. Apparently grub wants menu.lst and the install didn't
18 create it. Strange. I created the link by hand and then the machine
19 booted fine.
20
21 I appreciate the quick answer.
22