From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] VPN connection from gentoo to OSX server?
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 21:50:21
1 A colleague of mine has set up a Mac server just for the purpose
2 of being a VPN server for the rest of us at work. So far I can't
3 make a good vpn connection from this linux machine or my android
4 tablet.
5
6 I can log in using a vnc client and poke around in the server
7 settings, so I know that the server is configured to use L2PT/PPP
8 and not just PPP. I'm pretty sure that's where I'm going wrong.
9
10 I have every L2TP option set in my kernel as well as all the
11 tunnel and ppp/pppoe options I can find (knowing very little about
12 the subject), but I can't tell if my attempted connections are
13 really using the L2TP protocol or not. Syslog says nothing about
14 L2TP, so I'm guessing there's something configured wrong on my end.
15
16 I'm using networkmanager-pptp for the vpn connection, and the
17 networkmanager config applet mentions nothing about L2TP.
18
19 Has anyone else done this successfully?
20
21 Thanks for any clues.