From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox + gentoo scrolling like a snail
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 15:54:51
1 On Saturday 26 June 2010 17:44:42 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > It's weird.
3 >
4 > Sometimes, but not always, when I click in the Firefox scrollbar, it starts
5 > heading in the right direction in fits and starts of 5 pixels or so until
6 > it (finallly) reaches the end. I've mostly observed this in the downward
7 > direction, but I mostly scroll in that direction anyway so it might not
8 > mean anything.
9 >
10 > What's wrong about this is that a single click should not do this, and does
11 > not do this, on any other scrollbar on my machine. A single click moves
12 > the "thumb" thingie a fixed amount which depends on where you click. The
13 > worst part is that the application won't do anything else until the
14 > scrolling is finished, and the scrolling for a very tall page can take a
15 > couple of minutes.
16 >
17 > I keep trying to remember that dragging the "thumb" still works as
18 > expected, but clicking is an old habit that's hard to drop.
19 >
20 > Am I the only one seeing this?
21
22 I don't see that. What settings do you have for scrolling?
23
24 Firefox config dialog -> Advanced -> General
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com