From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Amarok only masked with ~x86 keyword
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:14:07
1 On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Damian <damian.only@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > What does it means when the ~amd64 is not one of the keywords used to
5 > mask the package?
6 >
7 > The problem I have is that I would like to install amarok 2 but I
8 > cannot unmask it by accepting ~amd64. It is safe to unmask it using
9 > ~x86 even though my system is amd64?
10
11 Before trying to emerge Amarok 2, create (or edit) the file
12 /etc/portage/env/dev-db/mysql and add these lines:
13
14 CFLAGS="-march=core2 -O2 -ggdb -pipe -DPIC -fPIC"
15 CXXFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -DPIC -fPIC"
16
17 (change the march & other options to match what you normally use for
18 CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS), the important part here is -DPIC -fPIC
19
20 then re-emerge mysql if you've already got it installed. After that
21 Amarok should build successfully. If you don't do that, you will waste
22 your time.