From: Gregory Shearman <zekeyg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't build firmware into kernel
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 04:43:58
1 In linux.gentoo.user, Lavender wrote:
2
3 > I have checked my Xorg.0.log, there is no error message. I have a
4 > question,I read xorg.conf , I didn't find any area about Window
5 > Manage, so how xorg-server knowswhich WM to invoke when I use "X
6 > -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf" ?BTW, among my class I am the only one who
7 > uses Linux, so it's impossible to use ssh.
8
9 Window managers are started by users. I think you are talking about
10 "display managers".
11
12 Xorg runs a script /etc/X11/startDM.sh. It will start up /etc/init.d/xdm
13 if that's the display manager defined (as it is in a default Gentoo
14 setup). You define which display manager you want to start in
15 /etc/conf.d/xdm, for example:
16
17 DISPLAYMANAGER="kdm"
18
19 This will start the KDE4 display manager.
22 Regards,
23 Gregory.