From: "Maximilian Bräutigam" <max-braeu@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Legacy GRUB vs GRUB2
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:07:15
1 Am 23.06.2010 08:00, schrieb Rod:
2 > On 23/06/2010 3:43 PM, Maximilian Bräutigam wrote:
3 >>
4 >>> Is there a GRUB to GRUB2 migration guide somewhere in the Gentoo
5 >>> Documentation?
6 >>>
7 >>> BR / P-E
8 >>>
9 >> I did it 2 weeks ago with lil help of:
10 >>
11 >> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Grub2
12 >>
13 >> And I didn't use the multislot, that was unnecessary, since os-prober is
14 >> working perfectly.
15 >>
16 >> Kind regards,
17 >> der Max
20 > Hi, would you like to check your GNU GRUB 2 external link at the
21 > end, I just clicked it and got a
24 > 404 - Page Not Found
25 >
26 > The page you were looking for could not be found on the GNU web server.
27 > http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-2.en.html
31 Hi Rod,
32
33 works w/o problems in my case, but you could also visit gentoo-wiki.com
34 and navigate yourself to the Grub2 entry.
35
36 By the way, I read that Grub2 has been completely rewritten, so it's not
37 just bug fixing.
38 Here the links, language de:
39
40 http://www.linux-magazin.de/NEWS/Ubuntu-waehlt-Grub-2.0?category=0