From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gmail smtp overwrites the sender
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:54:13
1 On 12 March 2012, at 14:59, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 02:22:34PM +0100, Andr??s Cs??nyi wrote:
4 >> On 11 March 2012 13:49, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> On 10 March 2012, at 20:56, Andr??s Cs??nyi wrote:
7 >>>> ??? I would like to ask some help! I would like to use gmail smtp to send
8 >>>> my email from my domain which is sayusi.hu, and the email address is
9 >>>> sayusi.ando@××××××.hu. Unfortunately, gmail smtp always overwrite the
10 >>>> sender email address. ??? ??Do you know any solution
11 >>>> for this?
12 >>>
13 >>> Use a different SMTP server.
14 >>>
15 >>> I don't believe there's any alternative.
16 >>>
17 >>> Have you considered Postfix?
18 >>
19 >> What do you mean when you say Postfix?
20 >
21 > I think Stroller may have confused gee-mail and queue-mail. The only
22 > reason I looked at this thread was becaue 'g' and 'q' do look similar,
23 > and I thought it might be about qmail. qmail is a mailer program,
24 > like Postfix, sendmail, and so on, whereas gmail is a mail domain,
25 > like yahoo, hotmail, etc.
28 No, I simply meant that if you use Postfix you don't have to use anyone else's SMTP server, or you can choose (I think) to use relays only for certain from: domains. I.E. use Gmail's SMTP server for those messages, not for messages from @sayusi.hu.
29
30 However there had been a number of other replies by the time I read the list again, and it seemed like András had already got something working and there was no need for me to expand.
31
32 Stroller.