From: Brandon Vargo <brandon.vargo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wakeup in virtualbox vm?
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 20:14:00
1 On Sat, 2009-07-18 at 08:49 +0000, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
2 > I have a gentoo-guest in a virtualbox vm that is running on a mac. When I do
3 > not use it I just put it to sleep and wake it up, when needed. Is there a
4 > way that the guest recognizes the wakeup and than sets the time using ntpdate
5 > or based on the clock of the host-os which is ntp-synchronized?
6
7 If you install the virtualbox guest additions in your Gentoo guest,
8 virtualbox can take care of syncing your guest's clock with the host's
9 clock. I use app-emulation/virtualbox-guest-additions on a development
10 VM at work that I suspend every night, and the clock is always correct
11 when I resume the machine in the morning. If I remember correctly, it is
12 only necessary to start the virtualbox-guest-additions service for the
13 clock syncing to work. My host machine is an XP box, but I suspect it
14 should work the same for a Mac host. I do not have access to the machine
15 from home, but if you cannot get it working, respond back and I would be
16 happy to check my setup on Monday.
17
18 Regards,
19