From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE machine -> Shutdown icons gone walkabout
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2019 19:02:35
1 On 20/8/19 2:21 am, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >     I recently, last week or so, did some updating of my KDE desktop
4 > and when I went to select "Shutdown" off the menu bar thingy, no icons
5 > for "Logout", "Shutdown" & "Some Other Thing" appeared as they used to.
6 > I in turn had to open up a shell, su and then "shutdown -t now" to bring
7 > the machine down. Have I missed something somewhere as to why I no
8 > longer get the icons? Has something been broken down into smaller bits
9 > and I now have to emerge something else to get the icons back?
10 >
11 >     Thoughts greatly appreciated,
12 >
13 >         Andrew
17 A bit of a wait and a few more emerges and it appears to have fixed
18 itself. Cause - unknown!!!
19
20 Thanks for the replies,
21 Andrew