From: Markos Chandras <markos.chandras@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: damian <damian.only@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to run dhclient on the background
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 13:42:28
1 On Sunday 23 November 2008 14:20:51 damian wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > When I boot my computer I don't want to wait for the dhcp client (in
5 > my case dhclient) to acquire a lease to continue the booting process.
6 > Instead, I would like that the client could be run in the background
7 > (as a daemon) right after it is invoked.
8 >
9 > Reading through the man pages of dhclient it seems like I need to pass
10 > the -nw flag to the client. However. I can't find how to do this.
11 >
12 > Any help is welcomed. It seems like I'm the only one with this issue
13 > (I don't think so) because I can't find in the internet information
14 > about this.
15 >
16 > Thanks in advance,
17 > Damian.
18
19 Just a couple of thoughts that come in my mind
20
21 1) Try to modify the init scrit under /etc/init.d/ to pass the arguments you
22 want
23
24 2) Or just remove the init script with rc-update command and put the client
25 in /etc/conf.d/local.start
26
27 Something like
28
29 dhclient eth0
30
31 If you have any question please ask :)
34 Markos Chandras