From: Xavier MOGHRABI <xavier.moghrabi@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Login authentication based on openLDAP: cannot find name...
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 18:33:28
1 Dear All,
2
3 I've configured my login authentification using openLDAP following the
4 tutorial: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ldap-howto.xml
5
6 I've created a test user in my LDAP directory.
7
8 When I test the existence of the user with root, I get :
9 # id test
10 uid=2000(test ) gid=2000(LdapUsers) groups=2000(LdapUsers)
11
12 It looks to work fine !
13
14 However when I login using it seems I have a configuration problem to access
15 the names :
16 # su - test
17 id: cannot find name for user ID 2000
18 id: cannot find name for group ID 2000
19 id: cannot find name for user ID 2000
20 [I have no name!@terre ~]$
21
22 I get the same behaviour if I login directly.
23
24 Firstly, I've suspected that the problem comes from the LDAP access rights but
25 I try with those access rights for testing:
26 access to *
27 by * write
28
29 Does it ring a bell to someone ?
30
31 Regards
34 Xavier MOGHRABI - Consortium ObjectWeb
35 Jabber: moghrabi@××××××××××××××××.org
36 Phone: +33 4 76 61 52 35
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list