From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: pam_get_uid: no such user
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 03:25:46
1 On 02/13/2013 02:51 PM, walt wrote:
2 >
3 > For sure there is no user named auth on my machines, so something must be
4 > wrong somewhere. Just for fun I ran "emerge -p /etc/pam.d/ and got this:
5 >
6 > #emerge -p /etc/pam.d/
7 >
8 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
9 >
10 > Calculating dependencies... done!
11 > [ebuild R ] sys-auth/pambase-20120417-r1
12 > [ebuild R ] sys-apps/shadow-4.1.5.1-r1
13 > [ebuild R ] net-mail/mailbase-1.1
14 > [ebuild R ] app-admin/sudo-1.8.6_p6
15 > [ebuild R ] sys-auth/polkit-0.110
16 > [ebuild R ] sys-apps/openrc-0.11.8
17 > [ebuild R ] net-print/cups-1.6.1
18 > [ebuild R ] net-misc/openssh-6.1_p1-r1
19 > [ebuild R ] net-fs/samba-3.6.12
20 >
21 > I mention this mostly because I learned very recently that emerge will
22 > accept a directory name and rebuild all of the packages that install
23 > files there. Maybe it won't help you but I'm looking for any excuse
24 > to use that new trick :) (Some wise gentooer posted that revelation
25 > here in the last month or so and I can't recall who it was, sorry.)
26 >
27
28 Well, I did some poking around and googling, and it does appear like a
29 configuration issue. I'm in the middle of syncing right now, hopefully
30 an update will fix it.
31
32 Others reported issues of not being able to log in at all.
33
34 One other thing I noticed is my crons stopped running around the same
35 time, I'll bet it's related.
36
37 Dan