From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] skype
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:36:56
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > On Sonntag, 17. Juni 2007, Uwe Thiem wrote:
5 >> It seems the new version of skype depends on Qt4 while you propably have
6 >> installed Qt3. One *can* install both versions, but it's a bit tricky to
7 >> make Qt3-dependent packages (like KDE 3.x) compile correctly when both
8 >> versions are present. I think there is a tutorial or just a post to the
9 >> forums about it.
12 > that is completly not true, absolutly wrong.
13 >
14 > qt3 and qt4 can both be installed without ANYTHING to do for the user. There
15 > are no tricks, no settings, nothing.
16 >
17 > You want to consult the documentation, especially the part about SLOTS.
18 >
19 You may also need to add these USE flags to your make.conf too. qt3
20 qt4 I have both version 3 and version 4 on mine and I THINK I had to
21 put that in there to get it to sort out the usage by different programs.
22
23 Hope that helps too.
24
25 Dale