From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: A helping hand with virtual machines, please.
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:22:39
1 On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 10:17:07 +0100
2 Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr> wrote:
3
4 > The 22/11/11, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >
6 > > I use virtualbox and it's the one I recommend.
7 > >
8 > > The kernel modules are no better and no worse than any other
9 > > out-of-tree modules.
10 >
11 > You're wrong. Using the virtualbox module means you turn the kernel to
12 > "tained crap" because of the number of problems it causes, including
13 > random memory curruption.
17 Care to back that up with something resembling evidence?
18
19 EVERY out-of-tree module will taint the kernel. As to whether it
20 deserves the "crap" moniker is a matter of opinion
23 Alan McKinnnon
24 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com