From: Xavier <blackhawk@××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg configuration
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:24:11
1 Thufir wrote :
2 > Ok, I'll boot back into gentoo and try "X-configure".
3 >
4 > (I have to use the live cd to browse the web, etc, right now.)
5 >
6 > Here's some emerge oddities I've run into:
7 >
8 > <http://hawat.thufir.googlepages.com/gnome.txt>
11 > can't seem to emerge gnome, but the bigger issue appears to be
12 Emerge gnome fails because you don't have a symbolic link from /usr/src/linux to
13 the current kernel source tree in your /usr/src directory, so create it and be
14 sure you have configured your kernel.
15 And try to read a few higher the errors messages that are printed by emerge...
16 because it's written in the log you provide !
17 If you need to reconfigure your kernel , please follow the gentoo kernel
18 configuration guide [1] in the Gentoo handbook.
19 > configuration of x windows.
22 > thanks,
23 >
24 > Thufir