From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: portage 2.1 uses LINGUAS, why?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:16:34
1 On Wednesday 31 May 2006 17:13, Petr Kocmid wrote:
2 > Anyway, I do not see a localisation of a fundamental system tool to be a
3 > good idea. That's my point. Localisations are never up to date. Some day,
4 > it will break something and I would prefer future portage will NOT accept
5 > LINGUAS. Never.
6 You don't *have* to use it, that choice is still up to you.
7 You can still (en|dis)able the linguas flag per package.
8
9 USE="-linguas_cs linguas_pl"
10 Which would disable your native and enable the polish translation.
11 You can add these use flags to your /etc/portage/package.use just like you
12 would with a normal use flag.
13
14 Note: We are discussing a Release Candidate here so things might change in the
15 future.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list