From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gpg signature verification failures
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 22:07:35
1 On Monday 19 Sep 2016 13:37:43 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2016-09-18 10:10, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
3 > > Note that it is _not_ a mutt problem: one gets the same "BAD
4 > > signature" result from a bare gpg run on the extracted message part.
5 >
6 > I have to retract this. So far everyone who reported this runs mutt;
7 > and my evidence in the other direction, given above, is laughably wrong
8 > (the signature is not computed that way, but on trasformed data as
9 > specified by RFC 3156).
10 >
11 > So yes, it looks a lot like a flea.
12
13 Whenever I tried to get gnupg running with mutt I came across some problem or
14 another, but didn't have time to look into it further. From what I recall
15 signatures showing up as bad was one of them, but could be mistaken (this was
16 some months ago).
19 > > So, what's going on? This would seem to be a Big Deal [TM].
20 >
21 > Still surprised by the lack of urgency. I'm pretty much dropping
22 > everything until I can fix this.
23
24 I'd be interested to find out how I can manually extract the contents of a
25 message and verify it manually. I followed page 5 of RFC 3156, but it is
26 showing Bad signature. :-/
29 Regards,
30 Mick