From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Bon Echo (why?)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 03:43:09
1 In <news:49bf44f10702241819q687bdda1le058ab7c27c60b77@××××××××××.com>,
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > Thanks. I think it is not a good idea to call Firefox (for some
5 > > branding issue) its development codename. Maybe Gentoo should use
6 > > Debian's Iceweasel name.
7 >
8 > I agree. It's confusing that the brand-less name is the same as the
9 > development name.
10
11 I don't seen anything about it at bugs.gentoo.org; you could file a
12 bug. I'm not sure anyone would be motivated to patch it, though. As
13 it is now, (well, AIUI) the USE flag just controls the
14 --enable-official-branding switch for compiling and the "Bon Echo" you
15 see is just an artifact of the way Mozilla ships its source code.
16
17 I think something other than "Iceweasel" would be preferable,
18 since Debian and GNU both have Iceweasel projects.
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list