From: Bill Roberts <billbalt@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] For everyone missing <ALT>+0128 to type the Euro symbol...
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:50:02
1 On 14:31 Tue 07 Dec , Mikko 'Mr. Ethics' Ruuska wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 11:25:23PM +0100, Holly Bostick wrote:
3 > > If you're using English, the default is iso-8859-1 (us english), which
4 > > does not contain many characters used in other Latin-based languages
5 > > that have things like accents.
6
7 Holly -
8
9 A nice tip!
10
11 I have a question that is a little OT. I've been using "bitstream
12 vera sans mono" for my mlterm because it soo. . . much easier on my
13 old eyes than some of the other fonts, but it has poor coverage of
14 non-Latin fonts, so I am looking at trying one of the "terminus"
15 fonts, which look pretty good, or the "unifont", for more complete
16 coverage.
17
18 Problem is, I can't get X to recognize that I emerged those fonts.
19 Neither of them appear in "xlsfonts" or "xfontsel". I've tried
20 various combinations of mkfontdir, mkfontscale, xset, all to no avail.
21
22 Any suggestions?
23
24 Bill